You probably do not give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or it comes time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most out of this invaluable appliance it can be very useful to understand how it keeps food cool—and Houston Appliance Repair NOW is here to explain.
Continue reading to learn what you should know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s time to call refrigerator repair Houston.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-own appliance for many years. A residential refrigerator stores food at the best temperature, in order to reduce spoiling and slow down the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by transferring the heat from the interior of the appliance to the outside, by using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Houston Appliance Repair NOW:
The compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it is need for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is attached on the rear outside wall of the refrigerator and is there to emit the heat collected inside the refrigerator then out in the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is located on the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs the heat held inside of it, thereby lowering the temperature inside the unit.
Once an evaporator is not working, it is time to find a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified coolant is directed through a capillary tube which serves as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, thereby turning it back into a liquid.
A thermostat regulates the current temperature inside the refrigerator, beginning the cooling period as it is required.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in Houston for service the moment an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature within the refrigerator is above the set point sensors alert the compressor to start, and then the next cooling cycle starts. The appliance attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit guides the heated gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the home and transforms to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquified gas then continues its trip to the refrigerator evaporator, finding its way through the coils on the inside of the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The liquid then absorbs the hot air from the interior of the appliance, thereby reducing the temperature back to the correct final point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and will return back into a gas state, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit so it can continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often found in a lot of applications and appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By contracting warmth from a single location and relocating it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, creates a perfect space for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Houston Appliance Repair NOW.
Houston Appliance Repair NOW will fix almost all common models of refrigerators – includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our repairman in Houston are trained to troubleshoot and repair problems with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation issues, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, touch controls, smart synchronization and various malfunctions. We know all about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working